Stuff For Sale
DDC-135 "Vive La Louisiane" Poster
Product Description:I’ve always had an interesting time in New Orleans. Been there three times. The first time, with Ryno, just six weeks after Katrina. I still think about that afternoon driving through the town. The destroyed buildings and piles of rubble. The cars with the “water lines.” Doors with those haunting spraypaint bodycount markings. Such an incredible, sultry, unique city on its knees. Every now and again I look up New Orleans to check on its rebuilding and progress. And I’ve visited a couple times since. A year after Katrina, and then a couple summers back, just before the World’s Longest Yard Sale. The town is coming back. Slowly, sure, but it’s coming back. And was reassuring to see it thriving.
The rest of the state? Not so familiar. Drove down diagonally from Shreveport to New Orleans once with Dale. Saw signs for Angola, making me shiver.
I’ve had a number of folks tempt me with speaking gigs in New Orleans, and greater Louisiana. But the first one that really made it happen was Louisiana Tech, and one Tom Futrell. Had a helluva visit there! Great talk and cool kids. Thanks, Ruston!
And like all my gigs, I want to show up with something for them, and something for the state I’m going. Hope you guys dig the new “Vive La Lousiane” poster. Everything we’ve ever loved about our travels through it, lore, heroes, the people, the food and spirit. Long Live Louisiana!
Product Details:01. Printed on thick, durable, bright, white 100# cover stock.
02. Four colors! Inspired by crawdads and New Orleans French Quarter nights. Check out that metallic gold!
03. 18” x 24” in dimension.
04. Proudly printed by the bead-throwers over at Seizure Palace, just a couple blocks from our shop here in Portland, Ore.
05. Louisiana, get nasty with this one: Click here for a bigger view.
06. Does the job for that New Orleans French Quarter vampire lair. Or that Ruston classroom. Or that cajun swamp hideout. Or that Alexandria zydeco dancehall. Or that Baton Rouge riverboat sleeping quarter. Or the cockpit of that coastal shrimp trawler. Or that Shreveport lean-to. We gare-ohn-teee.
07. Dedicated to the those lost, relocated and affected by Katrina.
08. Hand-numbered, using our patented freehand technique.
09. Insanely limited edition!
10. Free 3” x 24” burly kraft poster tube with each order! Reusable.
11. Two free white plastic end puck thingies.
Ordering Details:$30.00 - Shipping Included!!! (U.S.A.)
The Fine Print:For customers using PayPal, click the link above they’ll take it from there. For customers who aren’t using PayPal, send us an email to “orders(at)draplin.com” and we’ll get back to you with an address to ship the funds to. We accept money orders and cold hard cash, so, get with it, man! All orders are shipped out as fast as we can. Usually a couple days after the order comes in. We ship everything USPS “First Class” rates. If you want quicker shipping, contact us and we can ramp it up to USPS Priority, or whatever you need. We aim to please!
International Orders:We cover the shipping in the states, but charge the basics for international orders. Before you place the order through our PayPal account, send us an email to “orders(at)draplin.com” and we’ll get you a shipping quote for the goods you are interested in. As simple as that! Thanks!
©2015 DDC Dry Goods Div., Merch Dept., Portland, Ore.