Stuff For Sale
DDC-078 "Super Chicago" Poster
Product Description:My first memories of Chicago are that of morning television. WGN beaming into our living room. Bozo and movies and ballgames. When I was 15, our family went and stayed on Michigan Avenue, where my sister would be playing her clarinet in her march band, along with 500 hundred other schools. The bigness of those buildings surrounding you had an effect. Who knew there was a city beyond it?
Ferris Bueller’s Day Off was a big one for me. It made Chicago seem exotic? Thank you, John Hughes.
Growing up, we’d zip down to Chicago for concerts and what not. Friends started to move down and we’d head down for weekends. Record stores, book stores, restaurants and scary looking fuckers running the latest WaxTrax/Ministry/industrial looks. You know what I’m talking about. Those turkeys.
As I got punched in the face by Indie rock, all eyes turned on Chicago. Shellac, Jesus Lizard, Naked Raygun, Rapeman, Sea and Cake, Coctails, and so many others.
I’ve always loved Chicago, and made a poster with every damn thing I’ve ever loved about the place.
Product Details:01. Printed on thick, uncoated French Construction “Nightshift Blue” poster stock. Looks great!
02. Four colors, inspired by that Chicago flag, and dark Chicago nights.
03. 18” x 24”! Optimum size for framing up.
04. Proudly printed by the Chris Farley fans of The Half and Half down in Columbia, SC.
05. Too small up above? Alright beehive breath, click this: Ready for inspection! Click here for bigness.
06. Good for that Wicker Park flat. Or that South Side art loft. Or that Wacker Drive cab garage. Or for the halfway house you’ve been stay at. Or for Jeff Tweedy’s garage wall. Or Sam Prekop’s painting studio? Yeah, there too. You make the call.
08. Hand-numbered, using our patented freehand technique.
09. Insanely limited edition. Going fast, so act now!
10. Free 3” x 20” burly kraft poster tube with each order! Reusable.
11. Two free white plastic end puck thingies.
Ordering Details:$30.00 - Shipping Included (U.S.A., CANADA)
The Fine Print:For customers using PayPal, click the link above they’ll take it from there. For customers who aren’t using PayPal, send us an email to “orders(at)draplin.com” and we’ll get back to you with an address to ship the funds to. We accept money orders and cold hard cash, so, get with it, man! All orders are shipped out the day they are received. Fast, too. We spare no expense.
International Orders:We cover the shipping in the states and up to Canada, but charge the basics for International orders. Before you place the order through our PayPal account, send us an email to “orders(at)draplin.com” and we’ll get you a shipping quote for the goods you are interested in. As simple as that! Thanks!
©2012 DDC Dry Goods Div., Merch Dept., Portland, Ore.