Stuff For Sale
DDC-111 "Meandering Mississippi" Poster
Product Description:I’ve been lucky to drive the western edge of Mississippi a couple times. The first time was with my brother P.J. “Hoss” Chmiel. We started in New Orleans, working our way up Highway 61 on all those back roads. The second time was with my other brother Ryno. We did the same route all the way to Minneapolis, except, that run involved lighting off bottle rockets and whatever else in the rig. Real nice, Ryno. Anyhoo, both road trips allowed me us to explore good chunks of Mississippi. Juke joint lurking, Mississippi River gazing and healthy doses of Natchez Trace Parkway skunk ape speculating and outrunning. All in all, great trips through Mississippi.
A couple months back I got invited to come down to tell my story to Mississippi State’s design program in Starkville. We said “Yes!” right away. There was lore attached to the place. The stomping grounds of heavies Clifton Burt, Kate Bingaman-Burt and Will “Wild Style” Bryant. I was a fan of ‘em first, and now we’re all friends here in Portland.
I had to go, and it was an incredible visit. Thank you to the incredible Suzanne Powney for taking such good care of me. An awesome, fun, fast visit. Thank you!
Oh yeah, we made a poster for our trip! A tribute to the great, wild state of Mississippi. All the stuff we’ve ever loved about the place. It’s all on there. Those old blue guys, especially. So get some Bukka White going, and dig on this poster!
Product Details:01. Printed on thick, durable, French “Insulation Pink” Pop-Tone 100# cover stock.
02. Four colors! Inspired by Mississippi state schools, and the blues.
03. 18” x 24”! Big, like that river.
04. Proudly printed by our river rat buddies at The Half And Half of Columbia, SC!
05. Want to get a in a little closer?: Dig in with a click here.
06. Mississippi, we did this for you. Works well in some bar frequented by local writers in Oxford, at the Blue Mountain practice space, in some beach shack along the ocean near Gulfport, in some flat in Yazoo City, in any/all remaining juke joints along Highway 61, over in Starkville in the home studio of Mrs. Powney, at some ranger office along the Natchez Trace Parkway, in any room in the home of Morgan Freeman, Tupelo double wides, cabins in the pines, and up and down that Mississippi, be it barge, lean-to or port. Believe in this posters, Missississippi.
07. Dedicated to the blues musicians of the Delta.
08. Hand-numbered, using our patented freehand technique.
09. Insanely limited edition. Priced to move.
10. Free 3” x 24” burly kraft poster tube with each order! Reusable.
11. Two free white plastic end puck thingies.
Ordering Details:$30.00 - Shipping Included!!! (U.S.A.)
The Fine Print:For customers using PayPal, click the link above they’ll take it from there. For customers who aren’t using PayPal, send us an email to “orders(at)draplin.com” and we’ll get back to you with an address to ship the funds to. We accept money orders and cold hard cash, so, get with it, man! All orders are shipped out as fast as we can. Usually a couple days after the order comes in. We ship everything USPS “First Class” rates. If you want quicker shipping, contact us and we can ramp it up to USPS Priority, or whatever you need. We aim to please!
International Orders:We cover the shipping in the states, but charge the basics for international orders. Before you place the order through our PayPal account, send us an email to “orders(at)draplin.com” and we’ll get you a shipping quote for the goods you are interested in. As simple as that! Thanks!
©2013 DDC Dry Goods Div., Merch Dept., Portland, Ore.