Stuff For Sale
DDC-072 "Teeming Tennessee" Poster
Product Description:Being a dumb Yankee from Michigan, I grew up in a state that had no problem throwing Tennessee under the bus. They made fun of the drawl and country music from the place, and I always had this skewed hillbilly perspective of the place. Just not fair.
My first time to Memphis put a end to that shit. Full of soul and spirit, those old rock-n-roll ghosts illuminated the place for me. Johnny, Roy and Carl! Sure, Graceland’s weird, but at least it happened. The Stax legacy made us all move. And today, the garage rockers and their dirty chords keep shit nasty.
My first time to Nashville allowed me to hit the Hatch Show Print, and I looked at design in a whole new, dirty way. All the post-post-post modern bullshit we had been studying and wondering about seemed frivolous. And it was. Those old wood characters were from Civil War, and they worked on posters then, and now. And through the ages.
Sure, a 1,000 foot banner promoting Rascal Flatts is a tough one to swallow, but once you get past all that bullshit, you discover gems like Lambchop. Man, we love Lambchop. Anyhoo, I’ll never throw Tennessee under the bus. Great cities, and great country. Hell, I didn’t even talk about how beautiful that countryside is. You’ll just have to go see it yerself. Just incredible.
We made a poster for Tennessee, and packed it full of everything we’ve ever loved about the Volunteer state! Hope you dig it! Get one!
Product Details:01. Printed on thick, uncoated bright white poster stock.
02. Four colors, inspired by those Vols, and worn-out wood on old guitars.
03. 13.5” x 30”! Long and lean!
04. Proudly printed by the screen-printin’ champions of The Half and Half down in Columbia, SC.
05. Too small up above? Alright Johnny Paycheck, click this: Get in good and close here.
06. Good for that Mississippi mud shack, South Memphis apartment, downtown flophouse, border hopping Arkansas retreat, Brooks Museum Public Relations Manager office, supermax prison cell, BBQ Smoke Pit restaurant break room, University of Memphis dorm room, Memphis Zoo “monkey zone” or Beale Street saloon.
08. Hand-numbered, using our patented freehand technique.
09. Insanely limited edition. Going fast, so act now!
10. Free 3” x 20” burly kraft poster tube with each order! Reusable.
11. Two free white plastic end puck thingies.
Ordering Details:$30.00 - Shipping Included (U.S.A., CANADA)
The Fine Print:For customers using PayPal, click the link above they’ll take it from there. For customers who aren’t using PayPal, send us an email to “orders(at)draplin.com” and we’ll get back to you with an address to ship the funds to. We accept money orders and cold hard cash, so, get with it, man! All orders are shipped out as fast as we can. Usually a couple days after the order comes in. We ship everything USPS “First Class” rates. If you want quicker shipping, contact us and we can ramp it up to USPS Priority, or whatever you need. We aim to please!
International Orders:We cover the shipping in the states and up to Canada, but charge the basics for International orders. Before you place the order through our PayPal account, send us an email to “orders(at)draplin.com” and we’ll get you a shipping quote for the goods you are interested in. As simple as that! Thanks!
©2012 DDC Dry Goods Div., Merch Dept., Portland, Ore.