OTHER PEOPLE KNOW HOW TO PLAY IT COOL: I sorta don’t. And man, it took everything inside me not to completely lose my shit at supper tonight. Leigh and I got invited to dinner with our new buddy Chip Kidd and he invited his buddies Debbie Millman, Dee Dee Gordon, Armin Vit, Fritz Klaetke and Christopher Simmons. Hell, we even wrangled DDC buddy Jason Wedekind in to eat with us.
So yeah, I’m sure there’s a way to play it cool, you know, and just kind treat our little night out like just another night. I can’t keep it in: This was one cool goddamn dinner.
I’m new to the game of “meeting people you admire the hell out of.” When I meet the Wayne Coynes or David Yows from my little world, I lose it and gush. I can’t help it. I’m a fan. I did the same with Chip! And Armin! And they were cool as hell and we’ll be applying our “DDC Friends Forever” policy from here on out.
And hell, Debbie was our 10,000th DDC TwitFeed follower, so we welcome her aboard with open arms! Thank you for rolling the dice on the DDC!
So now that we’ve got our freak out PUBLISHED FOR THE WORLD TO READ, we’d just like to thank all you guys for having us. Leigh and I had a HELL of a time. Appreciated. I had to tell you guys about this. It was cool as hell.
- - - -
THANK YOU SO MUCH: My whole time in Boston has been incredible. Here’s the cool stuff…
02. Met Chip Kidd! Cool as hell. Our new buddy!
03. Met Debbie Millman!
04. Hung with Boston buddy Darryl Norsen!
05. Saw a ballgame at Fenway. Red Sox won too.
06. Shot the shit with a very awesome Justin Ahrens.
07. Got caught up with Mikey Burton! (One of our faves!)
08. Signed a shitwhack of posters in the Neenah Paper booth (Thank you, Jamie!)
09. Thanked all the HOW peoples for putting me in their magazine a couple years back. (Still blown away. Hell yeah, Dobush!!!)
10. Had supper with a TABLE FULL OF INCREDIBLE DESIGN PEOPLE!
11. And finally, got a chance to tell my story to a jam-packed room of daring conference attendees. Thank you for coming to our show, you guys! Meant the world to have all of you there. Seriously. I talked SO much. Damn. At one point I said, “Shit, you guys having a good time?” And some roughneck on the other side of the room replies, “Keep going!” So awesome. Thank you, HOW people!
(you may use HTML tags for style)